Ars Orandi: Fears that the clarification document will water down Summorum Pontificum
English Catholic: Summorum Pontificum threatened – or is it?
And of course, level headed advice from Fr. Zuhlsdorf at WDTPRS:
... If you are concerned about what might happen to Summorum Pontificum, pray and fast. Don’t whine. Don’t panic. Don’t fret. Don’t behave like a suddenly headless chicken.
Do what a committed Catholic warrior would do for a cause that is dear.
Be prudent about fasting, of course, especially if others rely on you and you have health concerns. But if you are young and healthy, fast.
- Go to church and spend time before the Blessed Sacrament every day until this resolves one way or another.
- Ask Jesus to either stop the Instruction or to make Summorum Pontificum even better.
- Pray the Rosary for the Holy Father.
- Ask our Blessed Mother to move the Holy Father to keep Summorum Pontificum strong, to make it even stronger.
- Pray to the Holy Father’s guardian angels constantly during the day asking them to strengthen him and to weaken his many enemies, some of them very close to him.
- Fast and offer your hunger – real hunger, don’t fool around if you are going to do this - for the Holy Father’s well-being and firm resolve.
If Fr. Z. is strongly recommending prayer and fasting, then one could safely assume there is reason for concern, no?