Monday, October 22, 2007

SP October 22, 2007

By Patrick Archbold

Fastest turnaround in the history of a Publishing House

Summorum Pontificum and the Future of the Liturgy
We had to wait a long time for the Motu Proprio, Summorum Pontificum, to be promulgated, but it was worth it. The document is well thought out and gives some precise juridical norms for the use of the traditional Latin liturgy of the Church. Over the next ten years this new legislation will have a profound effect on the worship of the Catholic Church.

The Astonishing Work of St. John Cantius
I’ve heard wonderful things about St. John Cantius in Chicago, and I had the opportunity to interview of its priests for Sacred Music, but nothing could have prepared me for the full glory of the reality that this parish is. I was here for a training session in the sung Mass for celebrants, from Wednesday through Friday, so I was not there for Sunday. Nonetheless, I was overwhelmed.

No comments: