Saturday, October 27, 2007

SP October 27, 2007

By Patrick Archbold

The Dinosaurs Doth Protest Too Much
My take on the Fr. McBrien's protest.

Father Z. gives it the once over here.

And the Source:
The Latin Mass by Fr. Wacko Progressive Condescending Dinosaur (aka Fr. Richard McBrien)
But if such Catholics are under the ages of 45 or 50, they have little or no hands-on experience of the pre-Vatican II Mass. It is a mystery how one can be nostalgic for something one had never experienced.

Don Guido speaks: Motu proprio "an act of justice"
"[It is] as the Church wishes and teaches, not more and not less. I am not the kind of person who looks for inventions and oddities. I may even seem banal, but the liturgy is respect to the rules laid down by the Church, and I see no reason for which I should disobey it.

"Ordinary" and "Extraordinary": A Discussion about Interpretive Keys to their Meaning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we need to fuss too much over the name. The important thing is that the Mass be available. People need to experience it.